Northern Expressions is inviting applicants for a full-time position at our downtown Ottawa location.
- Preferable minimum 3-5 years professional experience in a fine art gallery or strong luxury retail sales experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of Canadian indigenous art. Knowledge of Inuit art a plus
- Strong people skills as well as experience working with the public and in sales
- Demonstrable success in closing sales in a gallery or other luxury goods retail environment
- High level of organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extreme attention to detail with the ability to work independently and execute multiple tasks at once
- Flexibility, can-do attitude and ability to thrive in an intimate work environment with little supervision
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn applicable programs
- Self-motivated, hard-working & reliable individual with the ability to work creatively, responsibly, efficiently and independently
- Dual language French and English a plus
Please email a copy of your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com before July 15, 2018.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Art Gallery of Ontario
A Multitude Of Infinities: A Folio Of Lithographs BY SHUVINAI ASHOONA
A MULTITUDE OF INFINITIES
This suite of sumptuous edge-to-edge printed lithographs employ a playful complexity of pattern and an unusual colour palette. These prints address a range of natural themes invoked by Ashoona’s unique approach to conventional iconography and her distinctive otherworldly aesthetic.
Seals, Walruses, and Clams are depicted along with plentiful Octopuses— a recurrent fascination. In this body of work, Ashoona has again occupied a visual space that is altogether lyrical, humorous, frenetic and more than a little off-putting.
Shuvinai Ashoona has exhibited extensively both within Canada and internationally. Her work occupies a unique place within contemporary Inuit art, combining elements of Inuit culture and mythology with influences derived from contact with southern industrial society, all subsumed within her richly imaginative world.
Dorset Fine Arts